RSS
The place for Movie Heads. Several reviews and discussions to choose from with many more to come. Please leave your comments and feedback or just drop me an email. Happy movie going!

National Novel Writing Month 2010


Soooo, I've decided to place another challenge upon myself.  In addition to seeing as many films as I humanly can, working on my on-going romance fiction and holding down a full-time job, I've signed up to participate in National Novel Writing Month aka NaNoWriMo.  This "competition" was brought to my attention by a writer whose blog I follow. 

The criteria seems pretty simple.  Participants have exactly one month, November, to write a 50,000-word novel.  From the 1st to the 30th.  What caught my interest was it doesn't even have to be good; just 50,000 words long.  I mean I'm not going to just submit some complete dog crap and call it a novel (maybe half dog crap/half bird crap).  But I'll try to pull something worth reading out of my pink (dark pink, sounds less girly), wrinkled, amateur writer brain.  For those of you who would like to follow me on my plight for 50,000-word stardom, follow that link above and search for my name.  There's also a link on the side under "Also Worth It" with a couple of other sites you should considering checking out.

The purpose of the challenge is simply get aspiring writers to, well, write.  Put something down on paper or computer and elaborate, a lot.  So I'm going to try.  Who knows, maybe I'll actually pull it off.  I owe it to all of you, my fans.  I call you that because it makes me feel important.  Hey, I'm also your fan, sometimes.

This does mean, however, that my ever so popular (no, the fame has not yet gone to my head, there are some people who don't like it) fiction story, "Another Chance" Cafe, will have to take a back seat for four weeks.  Before you put up the loooong faces, I do have three more finished chapters waiting in their folder for their respected Friday to make their debut.  So that covers half of the month of November.  After that until December, you can root for me and peruse my un-edited, unrevised, probably filled with grammatical errors and assuming severly flawed novel.

Do it because you like me, do it because you like my blog, do it because it's turkey month, do it because you may not have anything else to do after you watch Toy Story 3 on DVD when it comes out next month or after traveling to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I, do it because you think my writing stinks and this challenge might help improve my sub-par skills, or just simply do it because Franchise Says So. 


Thank You.


Oh and don't forget to vote for my blog at TheMovie411 2010 Movie Blog Awards starting November 20th.  Woah, somewhat of a big month for me.  Good thing I'm taking that two week vacation around then, I'm somewhat of a genuis.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Thanks for the link! And best of luck with NaNoWriMo - it's really a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend that you try to meet up with live writers in your area. The energy that builds up when a bunch of us are together is, well, pretty awesome.

Dempsey Sanders said...

I hope you do well, its a great contest, and I will follow your progress, good luck

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2010 Movie Sense by FranchiseSaysSo. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy